Facebook Badge

Adam Short's Facebook Profile

Tuesday 3 March 2009

One Life, Live It!

The slogan on the back of a white Land Rover somewhere on the M1!


Exactly, I think that about sums up the last 24 hours perfectly.


So to recap, I became overwhelmed by emotions ~ anger, confusion, apprehension, and confinement. I needed to make some changes in my life I had been putting off. Although I was telling everyone I was fine, I actually wasn't completely fine.


1) Quit Smoking for GOOD! - No sneaky's...


2) Clear my head - Work had been suffering a little as my mind was elsewhere, never good! But easy to ignor!


3) Stop wishing - This is how it is now, what will be will, what has been is in the past!


4) Improve Diet - Looking good has a massive impact on feeling good. Although I have been throwing myself into Xtreme sports activities and excercise (works very well for distraction therapy) I had been neglecting my meals, missing breakfast and lunch often and on occassion not eating all day.


Action needed to be taken and drastically. Answer get away for at least 24 hours if not longer, what ever it would take.


Destination Spain or anywhere but Bournemouth, little did I know what was going to happen next. A quick trip to Oxford and stop for the night. Lovely town full of colleges and research labs! Checked in to a hotel and got some work out of the way, read some interesting manuals about integrating the HSBC XML/CPI with web technologies to produce a integrated secure, on-line payment system. I also picked up a copy of Bizzarre and read that too, very disturbing!



In the morning up bright and early, got some work done. Went and handed in the keys to the room. Whilst in the reception I looked at my trusty road map (no fancy TomTom satnav ~ keeping it real!) I saw a small town called Woodstock! Very Rock N' Roll! Not really lol...


I kept going....



Next on the map was Milton Keynes, never been there! They have concrete cows! (all pics on facebook). Then, Corby! Why not I thought, all the time spotting interesting things, grafiti, sculptures, ancient buildings lovely natural landscapes. The world is a beautiful place full of beautiful things. The world is an interesting place full of interesting things, and interesting people. You can find culture everywhere you look. I met this one guy from Turkey, another from Russia, in fact I don't think a single person I met in Milton Keynes was actually from Milton Keynes!


So Concrete Cows all done, weird sculptures in Corby, where next. Scunthorpe, my final destination. I have always, loosely, support Scunthorpe United F.C. Big up the Scunthorpe United F.C. MASSIVE!!!! The most exhilerateing feeling I have ever had was stood on the bonnet of the car, parked right across the middle of a mini round-about arms in the air right in front of the gates to the football ground. A childhood dream realised! I now have a Scunthorpe United F.C. shirt and so does my daughter - LOL :)


Anyway, fancied some chips so headed for Grimsby! That place actually smells of fish n' chips as you enter the town! Nice chips though, but not worth driving half-way across england for! Glad thats not why I was there ~ lol!


Final Destination reached, fresh ideas for the ecommerce system, and a few lines of new code! A Clear Head, not one single drag on a smoke or even the urge to. Although last night I felt rough as feck.

No comments:

Post a Comment