Facebook Badge

Adam Short's Facebook Profile

Friday 27 February 2009

Sometimes it is better to let a memory fade than fighting to keep it...

It's true life can sometimes through you a copper and other times something more precious, and it's how you invest in to any particular situation that will govern what your rewards will be. Sometimes the investment must also be for a long period of time, and taking the time to appreciate that will help you appreciate the end results/rewards.

Dunno where that came from, a rather unusual phone call probably prompted me to do seek inner-sanctity and enlightenment. Anyway, today, much as any got up, had coffee with the ex-wife (won't be doing that for much longer). Worked, had meeting, worked some more, formatted and reinstalled my second workstation. It's rapid now it is! Got all the latest software too so really liking the moment. Geek!

Got my paddling gear ready for tomorrow, was gonna take the ex out paddling (coz I know she likes it) but that kinda all went a bit tits up. Trying to be friends with someone you still have feelings for; is nearly impossible, and although I would love to continue to be friends really don't think it's gonna work. Hence the deep and meaningful statement at the top of this entry. Any potential friendship, no matter how much we both want it, will only be disrupted because I have to keep pretending I don't really care. I'm not like that ~ hence my rules!

1) No ex's!
2) Never go back!

Friendship can happen, but I think usually only after at least a couple of years, and then you can never be true friends again. Something will always be lost when a relationship ends.

Anyway, I will be heading down to Boscombe Pier tomorrow morning after I've been to the gym with Jamie. Hopefully I won't be the only one, but if I am, I will just have to be extra careful. I will be going to the Southbourne Canoe Club on Thursday next week instead of Kung Fu and it's Hot Rocks on Tuesday around 5pm.

As for the weekend, well I know what I would like to be doing. lol. Camping has been on the cards maybe...or maybe hit a club or two, haven't done that in a few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment